Use your serger to its full potential!
The serger is the most versatile tool a sewist can use, capable of hemming, seaming, decorative finishes and more. Too often, sergers are used for finishing edges and nothing more, simply because "it's too complicated to change the settings." Author Gail Yellen is here to demystify the serger and help you get the most out of your machine! By familiarizing yourself with the various components and how they affect the stitch, you'll tackle new stitches and techniques with a new enthusiasm.
Serger Essentials ~ Master the Basics and Beyond!
- Handy Tips & Tricks explain common errors and how to avoid them.
- Specialty serger foot section details the different serger feet available and when to use them.
- 5 simple projects to put your new serger knowledge into practice.
- Cover stitch overview complete with decorative and construction techniques.
- Quick reference guide lets you quickly find the machine settings for popular stitches.